SOCOTEC’s Asbestos Team Awarded Two Framework Agreements with Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
SOCOTEC’s Asbestos team has secured two three-year framework agreements with Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
The first contract will see SOCOTEC provide management, refurbishment and demolition surveys, while the second will involve the Asbestos team undertaking annual reinspections. Both will be delivered across various properties within the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board from December 2020 to December 2023, with the option of extending the agreement for a further two years once this initial period has expired. Works that SOCOTEC’s Asbestos team will carry out as part of the framework agreements include but are not limited to:
- Annual reinspections of all asbestos-containing materials (ACMs)
- Photographing all inspected ACMs
- Accessing and examining all ‘No Access’ or previously unsurveyed areas where practicable
- Reassessing/resampling presumed ACMs to ascertain their asbestos content
- Personal air monitoring when assessing Regulation 18 Asbestos areas and reassurance air monitoring on completion
- Keeping MiCAD updated for the duration of the project
- Bringing new potentially friable ACMs/ACMs in poor condition to the attention of the asbestos management team upon identification
- Additional sampling in areas where current information is insufficient (e.g plant rooms).
Forming one of the local health boards in Wales, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board provides a range of technical and administrative front line services (including health centres, public health and community care) to over 445,000 people in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
“SOCOTEC’s latest framework agreement win demonstrates the consistently high standard of asbestos management and consultancy services that we offer to our clients,” commented Nick Harper, operations director, Asbestos, SOCOTEC UK. “The contract has further strengthened our presence within the healthcare sector, and we look forward to providing a programme of surveying and reinspection works to help Cardiff and Vale University Health Board remain fully compliant with asbestos management regulations.”