Shortlisting Success for SOCOTEC at Ground Engineering Awards 2021
It has been an extremely successful period for SOCOTEC’s Ground Investigation team, having been nominated in six categories for the Ground Engineering (GE) Awards 2021.
SOCOTEC has been recognised for its contribution to a number of high profile projects, having received several of its nominations in conjunction with other key contractors and third parties. The shortlisted categories are as follows:
- UK Geotechnical Team of the Year: Thorney Island Habitat Creation Scheme
- UK Project with a Geotechnical Value Between £500k and £1m: Lower Thames Crossing Utility Realignment Ground Investigation
- Ground Investigation Project of the Year:
- Belgrave Road Retaining Wall Failure Assessment, Ventnor, Isle of Wight
- Havant Thicket Reservoir Pre-Construction Ground Investigations
- Haweswater Aqueduct Resilience Programme
- Community Engagement Award: Haweswater Aqueduct Resilience Programme.
“We are pleased to have been shortlisted for no less than six categories for the prestigious Ground Engineering Awards – our highest number to date,” commented Clare Chapman, operations director, Ground Investigation, Infrastructure, SOCOTEC UK.
“Each of these nominations is testament to our status as a market-leading provider of site investigation services, as well as the hard work, passion and dedication of the Ground Investigation team. I would like to congratulate all of the SOCOTEC employees involved in the projects and awards submission process, and wish them the best of luck as we await the final outcome in November.”
 Entry submitted by SOCOTEC and shortlisted with Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering
 Shortlisted with Atkins, Island Road Services, Ringway Island Roads, RH Solutions, Isle of Wight Council
 Shortlisted with Atkins, Portsmouth Water, Agilia Infrastructure Partners, RSK Group and Careys Group
 *Shortlisted with United Utilities, Jacobs, Geotechnics, SEGL, AEG, Fugro, British Geological Survey, Wardell Armstrong and MMB
 Shortlisted with United Utilities, Bell Ingram, The Brown Rural Partnership, Geotechnics, SEGL.