SOCOTEC is a leading provider of waste management advice, providing services across the entire waste and recycling sector, at all stages.
SOCOTEC is a leading environmental compliance company offering waste management consultancy services to clients, ranging from recyclers and industrial companies, to regulatory bodies. Based on an unrivalled range of technical expertise, provided by waste management specialists, planners and chemists, as well as geologists, hydrogeologists and geotechnical engineers, the company offers a comprehensive array of services to provide clients with complete solutions for their waste management and recycling challenges.
Expertise in Waste Management Advice
The team is supported by in-house UKAS and MCERTS accredited laboratories and drilling operations. Therefore, it is able to collect waste samples, analyse them in house and provide waste characterisation and classification, technical assessment and pragmatic solutions, efficiently.
Advice for All Stages of the Waste Cycle
Providing consultancy services across the entire waste and recycling sector, it goes without saying that SOCOTEC operates within the well understood waste hierarchy and has broad and deep capability across each area regardless of waste type. Moreover, SOCOTEC is also able to use leading knowledge to provide advice for all stages including new planning applications, environmental permits, waste reuse assessment and disposal. We routinely offer consultancy advice in the following areas, as either stand alone or combined services
- Waste characterisation
- Waste management and minimisation audits
- Materials re-use (including Materials Management Plans and Qualified Person sign off)
- Environmental Permit preparation, variations and compliance
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Legislation and regulation advice
- Waste classification, including WAC testing and interpretation
- Landfill design, permitting, risk assessment, monitoring and closure
- Energy from waste assessment / fuel characterisation
- Incinerator Bottom Ash (IBA) characterisation, hazard assessment and classification
FAQs: Soil Waste Classification
Loss On Ignition (LOI) testing – What you need to know
SOCOTEC to Attend Letsrecycle Live
SOCOTEC Launches New Strategic Development in the Midlands
SOCOTEC Introduces Eco-Friendly Initiative for Oil Sampling
SOCOTEC’s Syngas Analysis Service is Awarded UKAS Accreditation
Stepping Away from Single-Use Plastic for SOCOTEC’s Oil and Lubricant Analysis