Learn about effective contract management and project collaboration with our comprehensive NEC4 Professional Service Contract (PSC) training.
The NEC4 PSC provides a collaborative and robust framework for engaging consultants and other professional service providers on construction and infrastructure projects. This course is designed to provide you with essential guidance and practical advice, specifically for those working with the NEC4 PSC.
Benefits of attending our training:
- Understand the complexities of the contract: our training helps you to confidently administer the contract to ensure projects run seamlessly.
- Practical expertise: gain insight into compliance, pricing mechanisms (including compensation events), early warning procedures, programme management and notification/administration processes.
- Real-world applications: learn through real-life examples, allowing you to grasp critical contract administration concepts and address key issues effectively.
Our training is thoughtfully structured to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the NEC4 PSC. Here is an overview of what you will cover:
- Introduction to NEC4: a clear introduction to the NEC4 PSC and its use in construction and infrastructure projects.
- Key changes from NEC3 to NEC4: understand the main differences between NEC3 and NEC4, ensuring you're up-to-date with the amendments.
- Structure of the contract and main payment options
- Payment under each of the main options: gain insight into the various payment mechanisms under the PSC.
- Rules for communications: learn about the essential guidelines for effective communication.
- Early warnings and risk management: learn how to proactively approach risk management through early warnings.
- Programme management: understand effective programme management strategies to keep projects on track and ensure timely delivery.
- Quality management and defects: explore quality control measures and defect management within the context of the contract.
- Change management through compensation events: navigate the process of change management using compensation events, adapting to project dynamics.
- Liabilities and insurances: understand liabilities and insurance coverage, safeguarding project interests.
During our NEC4 PSC training, you will:
- Develop the ability to identify and proficiently manage essential administrative procedures within the contract.
- Enhance your skillset in recognising contractual risks, enabling you to navigate the early warning process with confidence and proactively address potential issues.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the significance of programme requirements and learn how to effectively manage these obligations.
- Acquire the knowledge and techniques necessary to proficiently manage and assess change using the compensation event process while maintaining contract compliance.
By the end of the training, you will be equipped with the practical skills and insights to successfully manage key aspects of the NEC4 PSC, enhancing your ability to contribute to successful project execution.
Who should attend?
This NEC4 PSC training is suitable for a diverse range of professionals working on construction, infrastructure or related projects. If you use the PSC and fall into any of the following roles, this training is highly beneficial for you:
- Project managers
- Quantity surveyors
- Structural engineers
Danny Frost BSC (Hons) MRICS
With over 35 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor, Danny has developed a detailed working knowledge of various forms of contract. He has provided contract administration, contract review and claims management under NEC contracts for both building and civil engineering projects.
For the past 20 years, Danny has delivered contractual training on the JCT, NEC and ICC forms. His vast experience, coupled with his dedication to problem-solving, equips him to provide exceptional professional advice and training.
- Classroom-based learning which can be delivered in-house or at one of SOCOTEC’s training facilities
- From £1,650.00
- This course can be tailored to your requirements, please enquire for further details
Want to find out more about our Advisory services?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with any further questions or enquiries - we're here to support you.