Engineering & Oils
SOCOTEC's Engineering and Oils team provides a complete condition monitoring service using industry standard accredited analytical procedures combined with an internet-based leading trend analysis software package.
Our accredited laboratories provide a complete analytical package to all industries covering engine, gearbox, hydraulic, oils, greases, electrical oils, fuels and coolants.
Testing such fluids can assess the performance and efficiency of your machinery significant cost savings in downtime and component life extension for both transport and industry.
With access to a wide range of laboratory instrumentation, we can also provide investigative, fault diagnosis and project development support to industry.
Our services include:
- Oil testing and analysis
- Full chemical, physical and microbiological analysis of in use lubricant and fuel
- Grease analysis – chemical and physical tests
- Full analysis of electrical oils for water content*, electric strength*, contaminants and acidity*. The condition of the asset is monitored by techniques such as dissolved gas analysis and furans analysis
- Production, delivery and collection of sample analysis kits
- Analysis of wear, additive and contaminant elements* with expert interpretation of results
- Interpretation of results against international standards
- Web-based time trending of asset test results with 24/7 access and email alerts
(*UKAS accredited methods. A listing of SOCOTEC's UKAS accredited activities can be found in our schedule of accreditation - Testing Laboratory 0001)
This enables the storage and analysis of asset and component condition over time (or by meter) and provides the information to make informed maintenance decisions.
As well as emailed test reports, accurate and reliable data can be accessed 24/7 using unique software for monitoring results so you can effectively manage actions, generate instructions, and make document changes etc. in one location. This results in cost savings through: less admin time, less admin paperwork, no fleet spreadsheets. Asset test reports and trended data/information can be viewed in and exported directly from the software when a hard copy is needed. Interpretation of analytical results is the critical stage in the oil condition monitoring process. Our experience allows us to provide expert interpretation of results in order to detect trends and provide critical advice to customers before problems arise.
Web Based Asset Management
Our web based asset management enables us to provide fleet and equipment profiling limit and wear rates, and the incorporation of other data. For example customers’ own vibrational report and interface capabilities including work orders, oil changes, bearing changes etc. These events are viewed directly on the trend graphs.
This means users can receive and have quick and easy access to results – enabling faster detection of problems and reducing down-time due to possible breakdowns.
- Download our infographic - What Can Oil Condition Monitoring Tell You?
- Read our blog on Keeping Things Moving with Oil Condition Monitoring
SOCOTEC to Attend Letsrecycle Live
SOCOTEC Investment in Bretby Laboratories
SOCOTEC Introduces New Environmental Swabbing Method for COVID-19 Detection
SOCOTEC Successfully Delivers Multi-Project Ground Risk Management Following Five-Year Collaboration with CMDP
SOCOTEC Expands its Coating Testing Services by Achieving New Industry Accreditation