Stack Emissions Monitoring and Testing
SOCOTEC is the one of the largest established MCERTS accredited stack emissions monitoring consultancy. With a proven track record of monitoring throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East and India, our team of over 50 MCERTS certified personnel and extensive equipment resource can offer rapid response to sampling requests for even the most complex of monitoring projects.
We provide international clients with market-leading, professional and competitive stack emissions monitoring and environmental testing services including:
- Routine periodic monitoring to determine compliance with permit requirements and obligations
- Calibration of Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) to EN 14181
- Investigative and process optimisation trials, including use of FTIR
- Monitoring of substitute fuel trials and co-incineration plant
- Plant commissioning and abatement efficiency monitoring projects
- ISO 17025 (UKAS*) accredited analytical services for stack gas samples
- Consultancy services and liaison with regulators
- Training and bespoke guidance services for operators in relation to MCERTS requirements
SOCOTEC has an extensive ISO 17025 and MCERTS accreditation schedule and our site teams are equipped with market leading analytical and testing equipment. Operating to the highest safety standards our experience, resources and coverage enables us to provide a truly international emissions monitoring service.
SOCOTEC sampling teams are hugely experienced & operate across many industries:
- Energy from waste (EfW)
- Power generation
- Renewable energy
- Cement & lime
- Chemical & pharmaceutical
- Metals processes
- Gas turbines & boilers
- Landfill gas engines & flares
- Wood and fibre board processes
Our Success is Based on Three Principals:
In all aspects of testing-safety, quality management, ISO 17025 and MCERTS requirements, we ensure that all testing and data is accurate, reliable, compliant with international standards and acceptable to national regulatory bodies.
SOCOTEC operates to the highest standards and adopts a safety first approach to monitoring. Working closely with clients, it ensures monitoring work is performed safely and in compliance with current legislation.
By providing excellent service and through continuous improvement, we exceed expectations in technical capability, speed of response, reporting times and project management.
The following can be tailored to clients’ requirements including:
- Air & odour emissions/dispersion modelling using the latest software (both ADMS and AERMOD)
- Instrument servicing, maintenance and calibration services, with factory trained engineers
- Consultancy & training in EN 14181
- Method development & implementation of ISO 17025/MCERTS procedures for testing laboratories
SOCOTEC’s Energy Team Provides Critical Support to Two UK Power Stations during COVID-19 Pandemic
SOCOTEC’s Syngas Analysis Service is Awarded UKAS Accreditation
Stepping Away from Single-Use Plastic for SOCOTEC’s Oil and Lubricant Analysis
SOCOTEC’s Continued Support for the Concrete Industry
SOCOTEC Awarded Nationwide Fuel Testing Contract with Biffa
SOCOTEC to Present at 13th International Symposium for Nuclear and Environmental Radiochemical Analysis
SOCOTEC Supporting Nuclear Industry as Member of Nuclear North West Forum
World Nuclear Exhibition (WNE): SOCOTEC Emerges as a Key European Player in the Industry