Environmental Policy Statement
SOCOTEC UK is the UK’s leading Environmental Compliance Company offering inspection, testing, investigation and advice to customers through an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services.
SOCOTEC UK is the UK’s leading Environmental Compliance Company offering inspection, testing, investigation and advice to customers through an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services. SOCOTEC UK recognise that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably impact on the environment in a number of ways and are committed to reduce that impact through continual improvement in our environmental performance. To achieve this we:
- Establish, Implement and Maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
- Are committed to the protection of the environment including prevention of pollution.
- Employ systems and procedures that ensure fulfilment of our environmental compliance obligations.
- Put controls in place to protect the environment from any significant environmental aspects and impacts arising from our work activities.
- Minimise the environmental impact, for the life cycle (including disposal), of plant, equipment, and any other physical assets under our control.
- Provide employee training to enhance environmental awareness of our employees, to ensure environmental issues are considered when managing our premises and planning, implementing and undertaking all projects.
- Promote a sustainable approach to business, in partnership with our clients and other stakeholders by conserving energy, minimising consumption, preferring low pollution materials, maximising efficiency, and implementing the Waste Hierarchy.
- Ensure that we integrate sustainability considerations into our wider business strategy and decision making.
- Are committed to continual improvement in our environmental performance, through the implementation of our environmental management system, and the establishment of measurable environmental objectives and targets. These will be monitored and reviewed to evaluate the effectiveness of this environmental policy.
- Are committed to achieving Carbon ‘Net Zero’ by 2050 and actively take steps to reduce our emissions as well as supporting the UK’s transition towards a net-zero economy.
- Ensure engine idling, fuel consumption and unnecessary emissions are minimised.
This Environmental Policy Statement and the Responsibilities and Arrangements that support it will be reviewed at least annually or more frequently where there have been significant changes to the company or the nature of the company’s activities.
Chief Executive Officer
SOCOTEC UK Limited