SOCOTEC UK fully accepts its moral and legal obligations to safeguard, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare if its employees and anyone who may be affected by the actions of the Company and its employees.
The company will set standards to comply with the relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and welfare with regard to the effect on employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
SOCOTEC UK will:
- Meet its responsibilities as an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents, injuries and damage to health.
- Provide and maintain safe working environments that minimise the risks to health, safety and welfare.
- Ensure all employees to be health and safety heroes and that they are engaged in the safety aspects of their roles and are empowered to play an active part in the health and safety of the company by consulting with them and providing them with adequate information, instruction, training and supervision so they can understand their role within the company.
- Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards connected with work activities, processes and working systems and ensure that:
- hazardous areas are kept secure from the public, employees, tenants or suppliers not required to enter them;
- adequate guidance, instruction, training and supervision are provided for safe methods of work to be developed when new substances, plant, machinery, equipment, processes or premises are introduced;
- all plant and equipment is maintained in a safe condition and is subject to routine and statutory inspections and examinations;
- contractors/suppliers working for the Company are informed of the relevant standards required and are monitored to ensure compliance without detracting from the contractors/suppliers legal responsibilities to comply with statutory requirements.
- promote a positive health and safety culture within the organisation, in particular consulting and openly communicating with employees on health and safety matters, both through elected representatives of employee safety and directly at other forum.
The company will communicate the health and safety policy to all employees and it will be freely available to customers and the general public. This health and safety policy statement and the responsibilities and arrangements that support it will be reviewed and updated as required to conform to current legislation at least annually or more frequently where there have been significant changes to the company or the nature of the company’s activities.
The company is committed to continual improvement in safety performance and ensuring that the delivery of the health and safety management system is adequately resourced to enable the full implementation of this policy and is maintained to accreditation standard ISO 45001:2018. This commitment includes the provision of sufficient resources, management and employee time, as well as training and health and safety advisory support.
Employees are required to cooperate with the company to ensure their personal safety and to ensure they are not prosecuted for breach of legislation nor have disciplinary action taken against them by the company for breach of company rules.
All employees and contractors/suppliers will enforce this policy. The Director responsible for health and safety is personally responsible for the health and safety performance of the Company and signs this policy statement in acknowledgement of this.
This policy, supported by Instructions, procedures and organisational arrangements will be applied to all activities carried out by the company.
Chief Executive Officer
SOCOTEC UK Limited
Download the Health and Safety Policy as a PDF
The SOCOTEC Group supports its clients by providing prevention and risk management in the fields of Quality, Health & Safety, and the Environment. Wherever people live and work, we provide services to prevent risks.
We identify, foresee, analyse and assess the risks inherent to our clients’ businesses in order to make their activities safe, which in turn improves performance.
Through our employees’ day-to-day actions and commitment, we work to build a safer, more sustainable world.
Quality and safety are therefore our “raison d’être”. Our position as a trusted partner to our clients makes it all the more important for us to set standards and maintain a high level of performance in these areas. Our image and reputation, and therefore our business sustainability, depend on it. No matter where they are located or what their businesses are, the Group’s various subsidiaries are covered by third-party recognition, such as approvals, certifications and accreditations, that demonstrate the quality of our services, our ability to carry out those services safely, the expertise of our employees and the efficiency of our organisation.