SOCOTEC has established a long standing reputation for technical expertise in marine sediment testing. The company’s robust extraction and analytical procedures have been developed specifically for complex marine samples.
The majority of marine sediment works require approval from the MMO, and SOCOTEC is now validated to test for:
In addition to UKAS accreditation, SOCOTEC has over a decade of proven performance in the Quality Assurance for Marine Environmental Monitoring (QUASIMEME) scheme. These qualifications provide assurance of the technical competence of SOCOTEC’s testing laboratory to undertake a comprehensive array of analyses.
SOCOTEC’s Environmental Chemistry team is able to carry out analysis for a number of pollutants, including Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs), Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs), and heavy metals (OES-SED and ICP-SED).
In addition to the above, we can also support your marine project by providing the following tests:
- Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs), Alkyl Homologues and Dibenzthiophenes
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPHs)
- Total Scanning Fluorescence (TSF)
- Alkanes, Total Oils, Pristane, Phytane
- Annotated customised fuel libraries
- Clean-up techniques
- Full interpretations (weathering, levels of degradation, GC/MS identifications)
- Other supporting services for marines, ports and harbours
* A listing of SOCOTEC’s UKAS accredited activities can be found in our schedules of accreditation – Testing Laboratories 1015 and 1252
Fast Turnaround Times
SOCOTEC understands the importance of receiving your laboratory results in the quickest possible time and therefore we offer streamlined analysis processes and fast turnaround times.