Established back in 1874, our specialist material science laboratory was the first laboratory to be accredited under the National Testing Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (NATLAS, now UKAS) and as Testing Laboratory 0001* still maintains the high level of quality and performance accredited by UKAS to this day.
SOCOTEC supports facilities management companies by providing independent assessment and expertise throughout the UK.
Specialist Material Science Expertise
As a leading specialist material science laboratory, SOCOTEC can expertly carry out a wide range of materials in-depth analysis, testing, detailed investigation, culminating in reporting and even expert witness, where required. These specialist material science services include:
- Failure investigations
- Condition testing
- Mechanical analysis
- Specialist equipment use (including SEM and XRF)
- Material testing and analysis
- Specialist material science consultancy service
- Material specification and selection
- Chemical analysis
- Expert witness
- Clear and concise reporting
What’s more, as the UK’s leading testing, inspection and compliance company, SOCOTEC works with hundreds of Facilities Management and Estates Management companies to provide peace of mind through a range of services from specialist material science analysis to asbestos management, water management and even occupational hygiene.
* A listing of SOCOTEC’s UKAS accredited activities can be found in our schedule of accreditation – Testing Laboratory 0001