High productivity gains are achieved due to the rapid penetration of the ground and small interval readings which enable greater definition of the test strata.
A range of penetrometers can be mounted on purpose built trucks and all terrain vehicles to analyse geotechnical data in situ using on-board data acquisition systems.
SOCOTEC are able to test the ground using a number of techniques including:
- Piezocone for the determination of dynamic and equilibrium pore water pressures and parameter consolidation
- Seismic cone for the determination of down-hole shear wave propagation velocity
- Full displacement pressuremeter cone for the determination of soil strength and shear modulus
- Mostap and GMF sampling systems for analysing undisturbed push samples
- Magnetometer cone for the detection of magnetic anomalies associated with the presence of unexploded ordnance