Every year in the UK, over one million people experience ill health caused or worsened by their working conditions.
13,000 workers per year die from occupational exposure to harmful substances and 27.3m working days are lost due to work related ill health or injury (Source: HSE).
Preventing Ill Health
SOCOTEC’s team of occupational hygienists and environmental scientists get involved at the interface of people and their workplaces. We use science and engineering to prevent ill health caused by the work environment - specialising in the assessment and control of risks to health from workplace exposure to hazards. Our hygienists help employers and employees to understand these risks and to minimise or eliminate them.
Our highly qualified specialists provide a market-leading service offering the assurance of compliance with legislation and regulations, including COSHH Regulations, Control of Noise at Work Regulations and Control of Vibration at Work Regulations.
SOCOTEC’s teams undertake a range of services to assist clients in monitoring, assessing and controlling human exposure to chemical, physical and biological hazards in the workplace including:
- Occupational exposure monitoring
- Noise assessments and noise monitoring
- Hand-arm and whole body vibration assessment
- Sick building syndrome investigation and workplace comfort assessment
- Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) assessment
- Exposure to physical agents including ionising radiation
- COSHH assessments, audits and training