SOCOTEC's forensic team has extensive experience in the examination and analysis of drugs of abuse. We offer a market leading service through the UK's police forces, the team delivers reports, expert witness statements and trained court reporting officers to the criminal justice system.
Forensic Knowledge and Experience
Our forensic, UKAS accredited testing laboratories No.1015, provide a swift, client-focused service that is tailored to each of our clients’ needs by our highly skilled scientists. By taking a client-led approach, we are able to ensure that each investigation undertaken is completed to the highest standard and delivers the analysis required.
Our key drug analysis services include:
- Examination, identification and quantification of solid drugs
- Examination of drug taking paraphernalia
- Supply chain investigation – the comparison of drug wraps and/or packaging to show a chain of supply
- Cannabis yield calculations
- A dedicated ‘fast track’ service for drug test purchase operations
- Drug analysis consultancy – highlighting any additional aspects of evidence that may prove valuable to a current investigation
- Expert witness court attendance
- 24/7 drug analysis consultancy – including call outs to assist at scenes and a full urgent drug testing service
Data Integrity and the Chain of Custody
Operating from state-of-the-art, UKAS accredited testing laboratories No.1015 - which are Home Office licensed - the ESG forensic team has proven management experience and meticulously applies the principles of forensic examination and chain of custody to ensure data integrity is upheld. The independence of our scientists means customers can be assured that they will always receive uncompromised, accurate results.
For a full list of our UKAS accredited services under schedule No.1015, please see our UKAS schedule here.