The Duty Holder has a Responsibility to:
- Identify asbestos containing materials (ACMs) present
- Assess the risk posed by ACMs
- Prepare a detailed written plan on how to manage the risk of asbestos
- Implement the plan
- Review and monitor to ensure compliance
- Inform those who need to know of the location and condition of ACMs
Asbestos was traditionally used in buildings for its thermal and electrical insulation properties as well as its high tensile strength, however despite its use being banned in the United Kingdom in November 1999, there are still an estimated 1.5 million buildings that contain asbestos.
SOCOTEC asbestos consultants provide a comprehensive range of management and consultancy services to ensure compliance with the ‘Duty to Manage’.