Updates to Calyx OMS Announced
ITM Monitoring, a SOCOTEC company, has released a new version of its data visualisation platform, Calyx Online Monitoring Software (OMS). This updated version provides additional functionality and flexibility, improving user experience within the feature-rich platform.
Designed in close cooperation with experienced engineers and ITM’s clients, Calyx offers a user-friendly graphical interface for quick and easy interpretation of large amounts of instrumentation data from multiple sources, regardless of project scale. The original features upon which users depend have been retained, with the addition of:
- Customisable, scrollable/scalable maps and plans now including KMZ layer overlays
- Geo Asset interfaces providing georeferenced links to asset information, including images, websites and documents
- Additional alarm settings for thresholds, rate of change and relative change, all with full logbook integration
- Fully searchable menus and lists
- Multi language support
- Hosting on Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers, compliant to ISO 27001, providing dedicated connectivity and scalable processing power
- Advanced graphing engine for customisable plots, including wind rose displays
- Scheduled data downloads
- Automated reporting
David Farnham, Technical Manager at ITM Monitoring commented:
“With this second generation of Calyx OMS, we continue to provide our clients with 24/7 access to monitoring data which they rely on to support vital decision making for both construction processes and asset management, while at the same time incorporating many new features to enhance the offering,”
“The most visible improvement will be seen in the more user-friendly graphic interface, giving our clients an even clearer view of their projects’ site conditions at a glance. We have also improved the database structure making it more stable, robust and secure. Instant and reliable access to data improves the overall effectiveness of any construction or asset monitoring project and Calyx is designed to provide just that.”
ITM provides data visualisation services from thousands of remote sensors on major projects across the United Kingdom. Not only can this web-based platform be relied upon to provide a clear view of the data collected via desktop, smartphone or tablet devices but also, importantly, by setting up site-specific thresholds, SMS and email action alerts can be issued to those who need them to maintain the integrity and safety of the site.